Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Heineken Leading The Way

As an avid beer drinker, Heineken isn't neccesarily my go-to beer. It's by no means a bad beer, lets just say it's more like my 2nd beer of choice. Say for example if there was an ice cold Castle and an ice cold Heineken bobbing up and down next to each other in one of those chilly zinc tubs, my right hand's going to dip in and reach for the former. It's slightly sweeter than SABs counterpart, but I'm a man who likes a bit more flavour and body. 


But if the Heineken was squaring off against, say a Hansa Pilsner,  I'm lunging for the one with the red star. So to summarize, I'm not going to order a Heiney at a bar, but if I'm round at a mate's place and he offers me one I'm certainly not turning it down. Perhaps this has to do with the fact that Heineken draft ain't available in the Republe of Afriquie du Sud??


Beer commercials, to me, are some of the best out there. From Castle's overly patriotic renditions sporting fan beer-drinkers swilling beer in foreign locations to the tune of Johnny Clegg, to Stella's more artistic black and white French nouveau ads. However, in this  cut throat world of cool and clever brewski ads, Heineken reign supreme. Their ads are consistently fresh and sophisticated while appealing to males on a universal and accessible level. 




Heineken - The Entrance from Desmond en Demian on Vimeo.


In this case, its the all important 'entrance' that a dude makes to any social event. Everyone knows your entrance can make or break your evening's success. I must say I'm a big fan of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment